Finding my way back

I started this little blog, my safe space, a year ago on November 21st. The months that followed were a dark time for me; a period of transition into finding my true self again. I struggled to find the hope and joy that I so desperately needed around me and tried to convince myself that I was brave enough to take on life full force.  I wanted (tried) to create a space that I could share my true feelings and hide behind the screen, concealing my true identity. I wanted to be a positive light for someone out there who might be able to relate. I wanted to offer hope and I believe that it helped...even if for just a hot minute. 

Then life happened and I got caught up in all the chaos. Again. 

And here I am starting all over. Again. 

What I can tell you, though, is that I've missed you. I've missed this. Writing, journaling, blogging...it's what keeps me sane. It helps on the hard days and makes the good days that much better. We forget small details, kind gestures, hurt feelings and all the things in between, that make up this big picture called life. It's all important and it's important for me to find my way back to the things that I love. The things that are fulfilling. The things that are always first to take a backseat to the "other stuff" that demands so much of my time and energy. 

I'm tired of starting over. I'm tired of always putting myself on the back burner. I am important, too, and it's time that I start prioritizing the number one most important person in my life. It's time that I start putting ME first. 

And the first step is starting here.  

Finding my way back to writing, to this here silly little blog, is going to take intentional focus and a whole lot of self love. Anything is possible with the right mindset and I'm moving ahead full force with gratitude for the last year of challenges and looking forward to the possibilities of what the next year will bring. 

From the bottom of heart, friends, Thank you! Thank you for sticking in there with me, for trusting me, for laughing and crying with me. I'm so grateful for you. 

xoxo,

Comments

  1. All I can say is.... Welcome back!! You're an amazing inspirational human being! Every journey starts with a first step, and sometimes you have to start and re-start several times to get where you need to be.
    You are brave, you are strong and you are so so capable!!
    Proud beyond belief of wonderful you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Second Chances

Happy Birthday